The More Things Change…
While waiting for the RV wash guy this morning, I went through the unframed art we have stored inside the motorhome. In one small tub, there are over 80 small works, 9×12 and smaller (mostly 8×10) that are varnished and packaged in plastic sleeves. In another tub, there are roughly 100 similar small works, many of them finished, some needing touchups, and some waiting for me to come back to them and finish them.
In the basement storage compartments, there are probably 50 or so framed pieces stored in frames, ranging in size from 5×7 up to 11×14. Under the bed are at least 10 framed paintings ranging from 11×14 up to 16×20. In addition to all the artwork, there is a tub full of unused/used frames in storage below, and a small tub of empty frames 5×7 and smaller.
A large part of our storage space is filled with artwork and frames, and it looks like our art festival days are coming to an end. I’ve noted just recently that we are beginning to rethink our approach to selling art.
With that in mind, I’ve been going back through some old blog posts, and came across this one that I wrote just before we moved into the motorhome. I’d say we’ve accomplished some of our goals, and now we’re simply taking a look and how to adjust now that we’ve had some experience.